You have to be ready to go when you are called by TempsPlus for those last minute assignments with New Home Builders. It’s not fun to be at a location without any lunch, so here are some quick low-maintenance lunch ideas that don’t need refrigeration.
Snack Hack: Use frozen applesauce or yogurt to keep your lunch fresh!
1. Enjoy a French roll with your favorite cold cuts and vegetables (like turkey, lettuce and bell pepper). Bring packets of mustard and mayo so your bread doesn’t get soggy. Pack it next to your favorite frozen yogurt to keep it fresh and for an afternoon snack.
2. Scoop up your favorite brand of hummus into a Tupperware container and pack pretzels or pita chips to dip and a side of fresh vegetables like zucchini and cauliflower for a delicious meal. Sabra has a nice combo-pack of hummus and pretzels. Add a healthy fruit leather and small piece of dark chocolate for a sweet, health-conscious dessert.
3. Melba toast can be topped with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and cucumber slices. Add some side snacks like orange wedges, raw almonds, and a couple pieces of unsulfured and unsweetened dried mango to make sure you have a delicious and well-rounded meal.
4. For a smaller lunch, pack some turkey jerkey for protein and sides like a baggie full of seedless grapes, multi-grain crackers, cubes of sharp cheddar and jack cheese, and carrot sticks.
5. When in doubt, there’s always a good ole’ peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but make it interesting with a twist. Try almond and sunflower butters or honey and gourmet jams for a more grown up pallet. Side it with some thinly sliced green apples and a bag of chips.
6. Use your leftovers too! An easy example is a leftover slice of cheese pizza. Add some Greek yogurt, granola and fresh blueberries (packed separately) and mixed nuts like cashews and walnuts and a crispy seaweed snack.
7. Make a simple spinach salad with bacon bits and a packet of Italian dressing and side it with a bag of fresh cut vegetables with ranch. You could also dip fruits and vegetables (like celery or apples) into peanut butter.
8. Enjoy a pasta salad with easy-to-prepare ingredients like corn, tomatoes, and cucumber with an olive oil and vinegar dressing. You can side that with some crackers topped with sliced deli meat or sliced cheese. (You’ll want to use the snack hack for those side ingredients.)
9. Keep it simple with an easy can of tuna and pack mayo, relish, and crackers. Side this with a dill pickle or some sea salt and vinegar potato chips. Add some crunch with your favorite granola bar.
10. Lastly, you’ll never get bored of a tasteful quinoa salad with corn, black beans, avocado, lemon juice, and olive oil. You can side this dish with a couple graham crackers or a banana.
A lot of these meals can be made in advance and will last up to three days in your refrigerator. With a little preparation on a day you are not working, you will always be prepared to accept those last minute assignments with New Home Builders while staying healthy and energized.
If you are a licensed real estate agent and would like to gain experience with new home builders, please send your resume to email@example.com.